Friday, March 3, 2017

Garment mojo is back

I finally got my garment sewing mojo back this week .
I have been sewing a ton , but seem to always put myself & sewing for myself on the back burner. 
I made this Sandra Betzina Today's Fit pattern . I was fitted for this pattern by Sandra at her recent workshop I attended . It is a very flattering pattern & her fitting tips were great. I need to make a few tweaks next time, but nothing too major . The fabric was a combo knit set I got from Marcy Tilton fabrics when I attended Sewing Expo in Puyallup 2 years ago. 
I had never sewn with mesh & had been very intimidated. But I followed Sandra's knit tips & it sewed like a dream . 
I have another version cut & ready to go ! 
I'm taking advantage of the sewing mojo being back & making another version . 
Happy Sewing 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your mojo came back... funny things those are... I feel incomplete when it isn't around, and always surprised at the renewed energy it brings me. Good luck with keeping a balance of doing things for yourself versus for others. They tell people on planes to put on their own mask first, then you are in a position to help others. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CAN I -I love your thoughts ! Never thought about the airplane analogy, but it makes perfect sense. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This top is beautiful. I love that fabric - GORGEOUS! You look fabulous in this cute top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tomasa -I was very nervous sewing the mesh, but it handled very well.
    You are always so complementing-I hope now that your house is finished you'll have more time to sew !!!!!

    ReplyDelete