Thursday, February 22, 2018

2018 RTW Fast -NYC & Charleston

It’s been a wonderful month 
It’s my birthday month , Valentines & travel 
We spent 5 Days in NYC visiting our Son. DIL & DGD
Such a treat to spend time with them & at 4 1/2 she really knows us now . 
I was able to wear a make a made in NYC in 
January - another of my TNT Sandra Betzina tees. The fabric is a cotton/poly blend from Stone Mtn in SF . It’s so soft it really feels like wearing my pj’s. I have lots of future plans for this pattern including a dress . When I’m on a roll I like to make the same item to really make sure the fit is good & I will remember the steps to make. I’ve really started the year working on a sewing journal in earnest. I’ve actually made notes on Patterns , fabric etc. 
I’m also continuing something I started last year of writing down every single thing I’ve made in a year. Boy it adds up . I used to think I wasn’t a very productive sewer until I started documenting my makes - I include the numbers of charity items I make so it’s a true picture .
Having a great time in Charleston!! Not even tempted to buy clothes . 
I’m loving the RTW challenge . But I was frustrated a few weeks ago when there was a lot of negativity in  The Facebook group. I understood the rules when I signed up but some were asking why such & such an item should be excluded . It’s on your honor , but people received very clear rules when they signed up - just saying 
Happy Sewing 

No comments:

Post a Comment