Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Meeting Rhonda Buss !!!Haute Couture Club of Chicago



The Haute Couture Club of Chicago held it’s annual luncheon & fashion show this past Sunday .
It was truly a highlight for me to attend . There was so much nspiration in the 60 plus garments made by the members . The top left picture shows a 97 yr old member who made the coat she’s wearing !!!
I attended with a friend Andrea Birkan  . I met Andrea last year at Susan Khalje’s class in Houston. 
Andrea took the day on Thursday to take me to her favorite Chicago fabric stores .
Andrea modeled several of her amazing Couture garments ! She is such a generous friend !!

Cenetta Burrell was also in the show with numerous garments . I follow her on IG as well as her blog -They Mahogany Stylist . 
She made many wonderful garment for herself & her family .

The highlight for me was meeting Rhonda Buss . I have followed Rhonda’s blog -Rhonda’s Creative life since I first returned to garment sewing about 8 years ago. She has such great style & her blog is always so positive & full of helpful sewing tips & inspiration .

I was also able to visit my sister ,her kids , cousins & 2 -90 yr old aunts .
It was a memorable weekend !! 
Time to Sew 

No comments:

Post a Comment