Friday, July 1, 2016

Back in the saddle

I finished a birthday gift for DGD & my tool tote bag . Both projects were great & came out much better than I expected . But both projects required lots of concentration to cut out & sew. I'm glad those projects are behind me . I haven't made a garment for myself in many months so it felt good to cut out a top . I bought this cotton voile at Metro Textiles when we visited NYC in May for our sons PhD graduation . 
This voile has such a nice drape . I think it will be a nice cool summer top . It might be a bit sheer ,but I'm going with this pattern as it has tucks . So the sheerness may not be a factor . I can always add a cami if needed. 
Happy 4th of July weekend !

2 comments:

  1. I am glad your projects turned out great. There is always such a sense of satisfaction when things work out. I love the print you have chosen for your summer voile top - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - the fabric didn't work with the pattern I chose - but not giving up as I love the fabric .

    ReplyDelete