Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Tunic Bible Dress finished

I so wanted this dress to be fabulous , but I'm not sure . 
I spent lots of time fitting the muslin. But then had to fit lots more on the dress. I think it still is too big in some areas & not as flattering g as I thought /hoped it would be. 
I wore it to a party last night , but I'm not sure what the issues are ? 
It is a stretch woven I got at Mood a few years ago during an NYC visit. I lined it with a mesh as I didn't have enough fabric left to make the binding & collar the pattern suggested . 
I love the print & fabric , but just not sure it's the right match of fabric & pattern style .
 I'm giving the Tunic Bible another try with something's no lighter weight . 
Happy Sewing 😍

2 comments:

  1. I really like your dress. I like how the green border almost makes it look like separates. Are you able to alter it and take it in in the spots you feel are too big? Was the muslin a stretch woven also? If not, that may be why your dress ended up bigger than you wanted. But I do like it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tomasa -I love how you are always the first person to comment & always so positive !!!
    My muslin was not stretch woven which probably affected the fit -I never thought it would but thanks for the tip. I'm not sure how much I can take it in as there are no center seams . I can try to adjust the darts . Thanks for all the tips .

    ReplyDelete