Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Quilt cruise to Eastern Carribean

The Quilting cruise was so much fun ! We cruised the Eastern Carribean- sewed on the cruising days & had lots of fun in between. I went with a CCS friend who is a great quilter. I am not as experienced as she is, but I did learn a lot . I even kept up with the pattern which was my biggest fear- falling behind. The pattern ,kit, prizes, giveaways were from a local quilt shop - 3 Dudes.
Quilts At Sea - Michelle Jackson was the overall organizer. The highlight for me was going to a Batik factory on St Kitts for a private tour& making our own piece of Batik.
Another highlight- there were many !!! Was winning the sewing machine on board the cruise. A Florida dealer provided all sewing machines . He gives away a starter machine & I WON IT . The stipulation was it be given to a new beginning sewer. So my niece Abby Rose got a call from me when we landed in Ft Lauderdale that she would get sewing lessons from me & a new machine !!
She was thrilled & so am I !!!!!!
My almost finished top- just need to add border . A Batik kit with several choices of colors was included in our quilt package .
A view of the process of making our own piece of Batik . 
Great trip & motivation 😄😄😄



2 comments:

  1. What fun!!! I've never been on a cruise. A cruise coupled with a creative endeavor sounds perfect! Glad you had so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete