Saturday, March 17, 2018

Sewing with Friends

I had a wonderful day on Thursday sewing !
I’ve been giving sewing lessons to my great niece for about a year now. She is 6 so they have been quick projects .
I invited a girl friend & her granddaughters to join us last week. I let Sofia pick the project as she is the “expert” . She wanted to make St Patrick’s Day scarves & “purses” .
Sofia was very patient with letting the other girls use her machine . My friend & I had to guide the fabric but they loved pushing the pedal . Sofia cut out some green felt & sewed 3 sides . We added green ribbon for handles. 
They had a great time .
I pretty much let them look like 3-4-5-6 yr olds made them .
It’s great that Sofia has been interested in sewing for so long . Of course they loved the snack part of the morning also💕.
It’s been hard coming up with projects so any ideas are greatly appreciated .

I have sewn for myself just need to get some pictures taken ! 
Happy Sewing 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I’m trying to teach my kids to sew as well and think your granddaughter made an excellent choice of projects for this sewtogether. My daughter was a little older when she started but one of the first things that she could do was an A-line skirt with elastic. She also made a small quilt with a christmastree about size A4 with foundation paperpiecing and then quilted it on the machine. They are so much more daring. I guess I know too much... The most difficult for her was handsewing the binding down, I helped with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments . Yes these girls were much more fearless than I would have been. My niece is very focused on what she wants to make .
      Good luck with your lessons

      Delete