Friday, July 20, 2018

Charity quilt finished - now back to our regularly scheduled sewing

Good morning 

This blog has been sorely neglected . I know I don’t have many followers, but it has always been a way to record what I make. So I would like to make an attempt to get back to blogging . Plus I love reading sewing blogs !! 
I decided in May to take a break from charity sewing for the summer. I was & still am very burned out . I belong to a group that makes baby items for the hospitals . It’s a wonderful group but I have been co chair for the last 3 years . Most of my personal sewing has at times had to taken a back seat. 
I alternate between knowing there is a great need for these baby items & wanting to sew things I’d like to sew . 
But I did finish a charity quilt for a group very near & dear to my heart. The National MPS Society is a support group which promotes research & family support for those affected by this devastating disease. My niece died of this disease at age 17. 
This quilt is a labor of love . The squares were made & designed by adults affected by MPS . 



I recently was able to save this printed voile ! It was originally another pattern but just wasn’t working for me. So I re made into this Simplicity top. I had to remake this after wearying &took out about 4 inches from the back. 
This success has spurred me to access & finish more sewing for ME
Happy Sewing 

No comments:

Post a Comment